There’s nothing like a great snack between meals—and we’re all guilty of picking less-than-perfect choices! But taking little steps to pick healthy snacks does far more than help cut calories and make you feel great… they can work wonders on your teeth, too!
Stock up on these smile-friendly snacks!
- Almonds—almonds are jam-packed with calcium and protein while being low in sugar and acid. Add some to a lunchtime salad, stir-fry them with chicken and rice for dinner, or just enjoy a handful on their own.
- Carrots, Apples and Celery—these “Big Three” snacks are awesome for your teeth! They’re high in water and fiber, and that fiber can help “brush” your teeth if you can’t get to your trusty toothbrush and fluoridated toothpaste between meals! Make them even more delicious by adding peanut butter
- Cheese—cheeses of all kinds are filled with calcium and protein, two of the power players in protecting and building up tooth enamel.
- Leafy Greens—we’re talking Kale, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Collard Greens, and any other dark greens you can get your hands on! They’re loaded with calcium!
- Salmon—a phosphorus-rich food that your teeth will thank you for!
- Other Smile-Friendly Snacks:
- Cottage Cheese
With any list of “yes” foods, there are always “no” foods! Avoid anything that’s high in sugar or acid—sodas, citrus fruits, coffee, chips, alcohol…these are big “no-no’s!” As always, if you have any questions, get in touch with a Hudec Dental professional at 216-325-9755.