Milkshakes are good to soothe a sore mouth since it is cooling the inflamed area. So what better way to soothe your mouth after an orthodontic adjustment than to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a DIY Shamrock shake. These are super easy and delicious to make at home. It is also “braces friendly” as it will not break any of your appliances off. So, have fun this month with this creamy, minty treat! Don’t forget to brush your teeth and rinse the sugar away with water. Sugar is still a danger to your smile!
Yields: 1-2 Servings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
- 3 Large scoops of vanilla ice cream (use frozen yogurt for a “healthier” alternative)
- ¼ Cup of heavy cream
- ½ Teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 6 drops of green food coloring (optional)
- Whipped cream for topping
- Maraschino cherry on top
- In a blender, mix ice cream, heavy cream, peppermint extract & food coloring until smooth.
- Pour into large glass
- Top it with whipped cream and a cherry on top before serving
Pro Tip: * Save lucky charm marshmallows and sprinkle on top for extra happiness*
Thinking about braces? Don’t put it off any longer! Call us today at 216-325-0822!